We asked our 13 fabulous healthcare employers what "soft skills" they're looking for in job candidates--what makes you a great choice BEYOND your experiences? Here are the most common answers we received:
1. Be people-friendly! Go above and beyond to help others and employers will notice!
2. Stay dedicated to and have patience with the population. They will come to rely on you for your services!
3. Someone who is engaged and motivated. YOU know you love what you're doing, make sure they do, too!
4. A team-player. Since you'll definitely be working with other people in this field, this skill is necessary! Conflict resolution skills help here a great deal.
5. Passion, organization, flexibility, tenacity, eagerness. These are all great qualities that show how much you truly care about your work.
6. Be Adaptable! If you're able to apply what you've learned in school to a practical setting, you can be an invaluable resource.
7. Connect with people in a non-judgmental way.
How well you connect with others can make or break how successful you are in your line of work. We LOVE how one employer out it; have social intelligence!
Well, there you have it--straight from the employers themselves! We'll be wrapping up here at the Health Fair in a few, but know that these skills will help you along your career path, no matter your field!