While there can be many hurdles during a job search, finding interesting places to seek out opportunities is not one of them. In fact, there are probably more tools for finding job postings right now than there has ever been in the past.
Here are a few to consider:
- Of course, we want you to always remember that Pride-CMS is a great home base for job searching. Access it through your Hofstra portal.
- LinkUp.com is my favorite jobs aggregator. It is similar to Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com. However, LinkUp.com produces results strictly from company websites, leaving out third-party sites and other job boards.
- Assuming you have a LinkedIn profile (and you absolutely should!), Jojari is a site that examines your profile and recommends jobs based on its analysis.
- Jobfox has been around a while (since 2005), and it provides an easy way to set up email alerts when positions that meet your keyword and location criteria are found.
- We know that having connections at companies where you are searching is always a plus for your success rate. Jackelope Jobs is a site that analyzes your LinkedIn and Facebook accounts and lets you know at which companies you have the most connections first before directing you to job postings at those companies.
But, here’s an important thought about job postings and job boards – don’t think of finding job postings as the end-all/be-all of job searching. We like to say when you submit your materials, you’re pressing “send,” not “end.” It’s always important to try to connect with individuals whenever possible, do good follow up, and research as much as you can about the companies you are pursuing. As always, we’re here to help you navigate everything!
|Gary Alan Miller,|