Feeling anxious about your resume, a job interview, internship opportunities, or even your future career?? You’re in luck. There’s a local superhero right on campus and it’s the Hofstra University Career Center in M. Robert Lowe Hall.
I know what you’re thinking: I’ve been saved!!! Don’t worry. Those evil villains that are preventing you from taking that “next step” will be taken care of.
List of Superheroes (Career Counselors) That Can Save The Day
- Gary Miller | Executive Director
- Anne Concepcion | Graduate Assistant, Counselor for Quick Questions
- Suzanne Pike | Assistant Director of Career Development and Assessment
- Michele Roberts | Assistant Director and Liaison for School of Communication
- Lorraine Massiah | Assistant Director and Liaison for School of Ed. & School of Health Sciences
- Nayelli Perez | Assistant Director and Liaison for Frank G. Zarb School of Business
- Amy Smith | Assistant Director and Liaison for HCLAS and Honors College
- Darlene Johnson | Director of External Relations
- Deanna Rodin | Associate Director
- Make a general career counseling appointment whether it is about major exploration, career decision skills, job searching, or even for an assessment to help you better determine your path.
- Set up a mock interview. Have a face to face interview with a career counselor or conduct one using your webcam. You can record yourself and send your video in to be reviewed by a counselor of your choosing
- Come to our Quick Questions for review of resumes, cover letters, and other documents. We hold them from 10am-11am and 2pm-4pm.
- Participate in On-Campus Recruiting. Employers will interview students right in our office. Make sure you look on PrideCMS for details!
- Attend our many Career Services events:
- Women’s Leadership Conference: Friday, 3/27, 1pm-5pm
- Goin Global Workshop: Friday, 3/13, 2:30p
- Internship Careernival: Wednesday, 5/6, 12pm-4pm
And that’s just to name a few! If you’re ready to kickstart your future career, the Career Center is the place to go. For more information, come on by. Don’t be afraid to use our services, we’re here to help you!
You only have your thoughts and dreams ahead of you.
You are someone.
You mean something.
|Tiffanee J. Charles|
External Relations Intern
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.