1. What is your role at the Career Center?
As Director of External Relations, my main role is to increase the number of opportunities for students to meet employers. This includes providing job and internship postings for students, and also networking and informational events.
2. What did you study in school OR what was your favorite class when you were in school?
My undergraduate degree is in Psychology, but my first few jobs were not directly related to that field. I worked various jobs within the music industry. I decided to go back to my college's career center to see if a counselor could help me decide what I really wanted to do, and I ended up wanting the career counselor's job! I then went back to school and obtained a Master's degree in Career Development!
3. Where is your favorite spot on campus?
Aside from the two Starbucks locations, I would have to say that I really love my office here at the Career Center. It’s a place where my co-workers can always come for a rest on the couch or a piece of chocolate.
4. What is your favorite season and why?
Definitely, Spring. My birthday is in Spring, so maybe that's why, but I also love the weather (when we do have Spring weather) and the anticipation for Summer.
5. What message do you have for the incoming class of 2019/returning Hofstra students as they begin their new school year?
We are here for you! Don’t wait to meet us, come and say hello at any of our events or make an appointment so we can get to know you.
|Darlene Johnson, Director of External Relations|