School work, extracurricular activities, jobs and a busy social calendar can compete for your time during the academic year, and it can be very challenging to devote enough time to your job or internship search. For those of you with hectic, non-stop schedules, spring break offers a welcome opportunity to start your search! Here are 5 quick tips to make your spring break work for you:
1. Log on and search sites such as Pride CMS & Internships.com for postings to apply to. Employers are still looking to fill positions for the summer and after graduation.
2. View The Career Center’s Webshops on Blackboard to brush up on skills like how to interview to impress. If you haven’t had time during the semester to attend workshops, now is the time to view them from the comfort of your home.
3. Attend Quick Questions for a resume/cover letter critique if you are still in the area. The Career Center is open and here to assist you during the break.
4. Network with family and friends at home. As you catch up with everyone, let them know about your search and the type of opportunities you are looking for. They may be able to connect you with someone who can help you out.
5. Find some time for rest and relaxation because a stressful search is an unproductive one.
Good luck and enjoy!
~Deanna Rodin, Associate Director and Internship Coordinator