Are you working on campus this year? Are you planning on getting your homework and studying done while at work? Maybe you are considering checking out new friends on Facebook? Well, let me challenge you to think differently about your on-campus job.
As a student worker you have the opportunity to:
· Expand your résumé
· Network with faculty, administrators and campus visitors
· Develop your professionalism and administrative/office skills
· Work on a variety of projects
· Improve your communication skills
· Acquire new skills and use and develop existing skills
· Learn first-hand about opportunities and events across campus
· Show initiative by letting your supervisor know that you are eager to work and how your talents and interests may be able to better assist their department
~Suzanne Dagger, Director of Career Services
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.