If you think people don’t get hired during the holiday season, think again. The start of a new year can bring about many changes in a staff, which could mean open positions and perhaps a spot for you to join a work team.
You can use your downtime during winter break to keep up your career development and job opportunities by doing the following:
- Search for jobs or internships using our suggested websites
- Network - the holidays are a perfect time to connect with network contacts you have not communicated with in a while, either through LinkedIn, social events, etc.
- Update your LinkedIn profile, or sign up for LinkedIn if you have not done so already
- Use Alumni Student Konnection (ASK) to ask career-related questions to Hofstra alumni
- Meet new people by volunteering at a soup kitchen or other type of volunteering event
It's that easy! Happy Holidays, and Happy networking!
|Nayelli Perez, Assistant Director|