With the summer approaching, lots of students are facing a new chapter in their lives that will probably involve more bills and the dreaded student loan repayments.
Being financially healthy is key to attaining a life balance.
Here are the top 10 mistakes that many young adults make, which keep them from becoming financially successful.
- Not setting financial goals.
- Staying financially illiterate.
- Living together with your Significant Other without discussing finances.
- Not negotiating for your first full-time salary.
- Not working on paying off your debt (student loans and credit card).
- Getting into debt: Not distinguishing between wants and needs.
- Not budgeting.
- Not investing.
- Not knowing how to do a tax return.
- Not taking care of your most important asset: You.
To learn about these mistakes and how to avoid them, check out the Women’s Leadership Conference this Friday (March 28) from 1 – 5pm at the Student Center. During the Conference, you can choose to attend the seminar: Women & Finance: The Top 10 Mistakes at 2pm.
Look forward to seeing you there.
|Nayelli Perez, Assistant Director|