We’ve all made New Year’s Resolutions. Some have stuck, some haven’t. What’s your resolution for 2015? Whether it’s to quit smoking, go to the gym, get organized, kick the caffeine addiction, or find an internship, here are some tips that might help:
- Write down your resolution and put it someplace where you can see it. A visual reminder will help keep your resolution in the forefront of your mind.
- Make sure your goal is attainable and realistic. Resolving to be the CEO of Google by the end of 2015 might not be the best way to go about it, but resolving to get an internship at a tech company might be.
- Tell others. Telling friends or family about your resolution will keep you more accountable. Knowing that others might ask about your progress can help with your motivation.
- Break your goal down into smaller steps. If your resolution is to get an internship secured for the summer, maybe your first step is to make a list of companies that you would like to work for. Then, the next step could be to visit The Career Center to work on a resume and discuss internship options.
- Give yourself a timeline for each of these smaller steps. For example, tell yourself that you will have your resume updated by February 1.
- Keep your eye on the prize! Think how good it will feel once you can look back at the end of 2015 and know that you accomplished your goal.
Don’t forget that The Career Center is here for you and can help you set you plans into action!
Director of External Relations