- Chill out!
- Who do you know at the holiday dinner table? Start conversations with family and friends about their careers and how they got started.
- Do you know someone who has an interesting job? Ask them if you can job shadow for a day and make a great first impression. For more information on job shadowing: What is Job Shadowing?
- Do you want an internship? Don’t put off applying for spring internships any longer and now is a great time to start planning for and in some cases applying for summer internships!
- Are you planning to go to graduate school next year?
Graduate school applications should be prepared
and in some cases submitted.
- Graduating in May? Make sure your resume and cover letter is in order and start your research on who you want to make applications with.
- Is your resume competitive? Examine your resume, think about additional leadership or work experiences you can take advantage of this spring on or off campus.
- What is Linkedin? To learn more about why students need a Linkedin account read our recent blog post: Get Linkedin not Linkedout and to start a Linkedin Profile using these student guidelines: Build a Professional Profile
- Log on to Pride-CMS under MyApps in the Portal and begin to explore all the jobs, internships, and other features it offers including the new mobile app!
- January is a great time to make an appointment at The Career Center for job and internship search assistance, mock interviews and career guidance. Counselors will also be on available for the month of January for Quick Question Hours (resume/cover letter critiques) Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Top 10 Things to Do Over Winter Break
at 9:00 AM